LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 23:02:53 -0500

HI,
I HAVE MY LINE BACK TO ELIJAH HASTINGS SR (1743-1843) BUT I HAVE NOT GOT
HIS WIFE BETTY'S MAIDEN NAME NOR CAN I CONFIRM WHETHER HIS FATHER WAS JAMES
AND IF OBEDIAH, JOSHUA ETC WERE HIS BROTHERS BUT I THINK SO. ELIJAH'S SON
JONATHON MARRIED SALLIE CALLAWAY IN 1814. SALLIE WAS THE DAU. OF CLEMENT
CALLAWAY THE SON OF MOSES CALLAWAY SHE WAS A SISTER OF JEMIMA WHO MARRIED
JAMES HANES. I DON'T HAVE MUCH INFO ON THE HANES OR HAINS EXEPT WHAT I FOUND
ONLINE IN FAMILY TREES AND WHAT I LEARNED TODAY ON THE LDR EARLIER. I AM
ALSO LOOKING FOR INFO ON AN ARCHELUS HASTINGS WHO EVIDENTLY LIVED IN THE
1700S. I HAVE A FELTY HASTINGS WHO MARRIED MARTIN HASTINGS DAU. MARIA AND
ELIJAH'S WILL SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HE WAS THE SON OF WINDER, SON OF ARCHELUS
HASTINGS. SO THERE MUST HAVE BEEN AN EARLIER WINDER THEN THE 2 IN THE EARLY
1800S AND I CAN FIND NO RECORDS OF A ARCHELUS OLD ENOUGH TO BE FELTY'S
ANCESTORS. ANY INFO ON FELTY
S LINE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
AS FOR THE CALLAWAYS THEY INTERMARRIED WITH THE HASTINGS A LOT. IF YOU LOOK
AT DEL SCANNED MARRIAGES YOU'LL SEE. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS OF
NUTTER HASTING. NUTER'S SON THOMAS NUTTER HASTINGS MARRIED ELIZABETH
HASTINGS THE DAU. OF MY GG GRANDFATHER FREDERICK HASTINGS SR. NUTTER MUST
HAVE BEEN RELATED AS HE MOVED INTO MARYLAND BY THE 1870 CENSUS AND WAS
LIVING NEAR FRED SR. I BELIEVE NUTTER MARRIED PRISCILLA CALLAWAY AS WELL.
MOSES HASTINGS SON JOHN MARRIED ESTHER HASTINGS , THE SISTER OF FREDERICK
HASTINGS SR. SEE WHAT I MEAN? ITS LIKE SHUFFLING A DECK OF CARDS ANY HELP
SORTING THIS BUNCH WOULD BE A BLESSING.
OH, AND SALLIE CALLAWAY HASTINGS AND JEMIMA CALLAWAY HANES HAD TWO SISTER.
BETSY AND EUNICE. BETSY MARRIED A DAVIS SO I HEAR AND EUNICE ( UNICEY)
MARRIED AN ELLIS. ANY IDEA WHICH DAVIS AND WHICH ELLIS? FRED HASTINGS
MARRIED A GRACE DAVIS AND THEY MAY BE PART OF THE SAME DAVISES. YOU KNOW,
FIRST COUSIN MAYBE..... GRACE'S DEATH CERT. IN MD LISTED HER FATHER AS
DANIEL DAVIS AND MOTHER UNKNOWN.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR ANY HELP IN SORTING THIS TANGLED WEB.
NORAH HASTINGS COLLINS