LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS > 2013-01 > 1357099373

From: <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 23:02:53 -0500
References: <ba19.49f6afb0.3e125e72@aol.com><9120054305534374843C601CD9D44F54@NorahHP><010a01cde896$a9599050$fc0cb0f0$@net>
In-Reply-To: <010a01cde896$a9599050$fc0cb0f0$@net>

ALSO LOOKING FOR INFO ON AN ARCHELUS HASTINGS WHO EVIDENTLY LIVED IN THE
1700S. I HAVE A FELTY HASTINGS WHO MARRIED MARTIN HASTINGS DAU. MARIA AND
ELIJAH'S WILL SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HE WAS THE SON OF WINDER, SON OF ARCHELUS
HASTINGS. SO THERE MUST HAVE BEEN AN EARLIER WINDER THEN THE 2 IN THE EARLY
1800S AND I CAN FIND NO RECORDS OF A ARCHELUS OLD ENOUGH TO BE FELTY'S
ANCESTORS. ANY INFO ON FELTY
S LINE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
AS FOR THE CALLAWAYS THEY INTERMARRIED WITH THE HASTINGS A LOT. IF YOU LOOK
AT DEL SCANNED MARRIAGES YOU'LL SEE. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS OF
NUTTER HASTING. NUTER'S SON THOMAS NUTTER HASTINGS MARRIED ELIZABETH
HASTINGS THE DAU. OF MY GG GRANDFATHER FREDERICK HASTINGS SR. NUTTER MUST
HAVE BEEN RELATED AS HE MOVED INTO MARYLAND BY THE 1870 CENSUS AND WAS
LIVING NEAR FRED SR. I BELIEVE NUTTER MARRIED PRISCILLA CALLAWAY AS WELL.
MOSES HASTINGS SON JOHN MARRIED ESTHER HASTINGS , THE SISTER OF FREDERICK
HASTINGS SR. SEE WHAT I MEAN? ITS LIKE SHUFFLING A DECK OF CARDS ANY HELP
SORTING THIS BUNCH WOULD BE A BLESSING.
OH, AND SALLIE CALLAWAY HASTINGS AND JEMIMA CALLAWAY HANES HAD TWO SISTER.
BETSY AND EUNICE. BETSY MARRIED A DAVIS SO I HEAR AND EUNICE ( UNICEY)
MARRIED AN ELLIS. ANY IDEA WHICH DAVIS AND WHICH ELLIS? FRED HASTINGS
MARRIED A GRACE DAVIS AND THEY MAY BE PART OF THE SAME DAVISES. YOU KNOW,
FIRST COUSIN MAYBE..... GRACE'S DEATH CERT. IN MD LISTED HER FATHER AS
DANIEL DAVIS AND MOTHER UNKNOWN.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR ANY HELP IN SORTING THIS TANGLED WEB.
NORAH HASTINGS COLLINS

From: Terry Phillips-Seitz
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD

Norah-

Where are you looking for Hastings and Calloways? Any time frame or first
names?

Terry

From:
[mailto:] On Behalf Of

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD

WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY HASTINGS OR CALLAWAYS IN YOUR RECORDS? I'D
APPRECIATE ANYTHING ON THEM IF YOU COULD TELL ME.

GOD BLESS,
NORAH HASTINGS COLLINS

From:
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD

In a book I received for Christmas "Land records of Sussex County Delaware
1789-1792" , there is mention of several Riley. Ann, Benjamin, Elizabeth,
George, John, Jonathan, Lawrence and Thomas.
I looked at Thomas and both land parcels appear to be in Cedar Creek
Hundred, and Slaughter Neck.

In a message dated 12/30/2012 8:50:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

SORRY ROY
I HAVE NO RILEYS AND MY TRUITTS GO BACK PRE 1800. I HAVE DELAWARE WHITES
WHO MARRIED INTO MY HASTINGS IN THE 1800'S THEY WERE IN LITTLE CREEK
HUNDRED
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOD BLESS,
NORAH

From: Joy
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD

Would you have any RILEY'S by chance.?

My RILEY'S married into PARNELL/PURNELL, TRUITTS, FRANKLIN/WHITE/WEBB

Any help would appreciate as I follow down from about 4-5 THOMAS RILEY.
Joy Riley

From:
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD

HI LIST,
SINCE MY EASTERN SHORE FAMILY LINES INTERMARRY LIKE IVY I CHECKED MY FAMILY
TREE. I DO NOT HAVE ONE CHANDLER IN MY TREE. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. HOW DID
MY BUNCH MISS A FAMILY. I HAVE MOST OF THE WORCESTER CO NAMES, ALMOST ALL
OF THE SUSSEXT CO. NAMES AND THEN WICOMICO CO ONES. I AM A LITTLE LIGHT ON
SOMERSET CO. NAMES SO DID YOUR CHANDLERS MOSTLY RESIDE IN SOMERSET cO?
ALSO, A LOT OF MY WORCESTER CO. ANCESTORS CAME OUT OF THE EASTERN SHORE OF
VIRGINIA i.e. TAYLORS, TRUITTS, TOWNSENDS, RUARKS, DRISKELLS, ELGATES,
BYRDS, RICKARDS, LAMEES, BYRDS, TOO MANY TO GO ON.
ANYWAY, I SURE WISH I COULD HAVE HELPED WITH YOUR CHANDLERS. DO YOU HAVE
ANY OTHER SURNAMES?

NORAH HASTINGS COLLINS

From:
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [LDR] Chandler family in Worcester County, MD

Merry Christmas Listers!

With a much anticipated break coming, I'm going to delve deeper into my
Chandler line which now has cropped up in Worcester County, MD in the late
1700's and into at least 1800 when Custis Chandler, his wife Nancy and an
alleged sister to Nancy who was named as Lydia Rodde (numerous variations
on
the spelling of both the first and last name of Lydia) sold 50 acres in
Maryland that was located on St. Martins Neck for 40 dollars.

I hope to figure who the father of the two daughters were as I presume
they
inherited the 50 acres from their father, or perhaps a doting uncle. It
would be nice to nail down another one of these women that married into our
Chandler line.

>From thence it will be off to get a better handle on William and Ursula
>Chandler, the parents of Custis and a heretofore unknown Chandler,
Solomon,
>son of William and Ursula.

The odd thing is that there were Chandler men with the name of William and
Solomon in Accomack County, VA, but the timing is way off. I find no
Chandlers with a William that would fit in with this particular group. And
then there is the whole DNA thing that sorta, maybe fits us in with the
Accomack County Chandlers.

I WILL figure out these Chandlers!

In the meantime, I'll enjoy a cup of hot cocoa, homemade cookies and
Christmas carols on these cold nights.

Teresa A. Derrickson
nee Chandler
***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in
the subject and the body of the message

***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

***************************************
QUESTIONS about POSTING GUIDELINES, SUBSCRIBING or UNSUBSCRIBING?
Visit The Lower DelMarVa Roots Mailing List FAQ:
-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message