LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "John Polk" <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Polk 1789 - 1792
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 01:18:14 -0500

Thanks - that was me who asked about Polk records. I know all these Polk
folk and have abstracts of all the Polk land records going through Volume N
(No.13) (1782-1789) but never got to Volume O (No. 14) or beyond. Need to do
so. Thanks for checking.

Polk, Polke, Pollock, Pollick are all variants of the one name, but Pollard
and Pollitt/Pollett are quite distinct. The Pollitts/Polletts, however, can
all claim Polk descent since, as far as I know, they all go back to Thomas
Pollitt of Manokin (d.1708) and his wife Margaret Polk, daughter of the
first Polk immigrants, Robert (d.1703) and Magdalen Polke..

John Polk
Havre de Grace MD