LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Transpeninsular Line
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 11:42:44 -0500

LIZ, YOU HAVE MY ABJECT APOLOGIES. YOU ARE ENTIRELY CORRECT ABOUT THE NAME
OF THE LINE. I LIVED 64S WITHIN 5 MILES OF THAT LINE AND WENT TO DELMAR
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND WE WERE NEVER TAUGHT THAT IT IS NOT THE MASON DIXON
LINE. AS FAR AS MY RECOLLECTION ALL THE LOCALS LIVING IN THE AREA THOUGHT
IT WAS PART OF THE MASON DIXON LINE. DO YOU LIVE ON THE SHORE? THE STONE
AT MARDELA SPRINGS MUST BE THE ACTUAL END OF THE SURVEY. I KNOW IT MOVED
WHERE THE HASTINGS AND CALLAWAYS FROM BEING IN SOMERSET CO., MD TO SUSSEX
CO., DE. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT TODAY. THANKS SO MUCH FOR STRAIGHTENING ME
OUT. ITS NICE TO KNOW.

GOD BLESS,
NORAH HASTINGS COLLINS