LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Frank Collins <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] Ancestry & nespaperarchive.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 22:04:27 -0500

www.ancestry.com and www.newspaperarchive.com have mostly the same
newspapers. On Maryland's Eastern Shore they both have the Denton
Journal (1870-1965), and the Salisbury Times (1929-1975), and the
Salisbury Daily Times (1964-1977). If you have www.ancestry.com, you
do not need www.newspaperarchive.com.

I like www.genealogybank.com because it has more newspapers and can be
searched more easily. It has the early Easton newspapers, the
Chestertown newspaper and quite a number from Baltimore.

The Maryland Archives also has newspapers online.
http://www.aomol.net/megafile/msa/speccol/sc4800/sc4872/html/newspapers.html
They are free, but the site does not have OCR search capability.

Paper of Record also has some newspapers. But the site has not been
maintained. You may still be able to get a free a account to search a
few newspapers. They have a very limited selection from Cambridge and
have part of a Baltimore paper.

Frank