LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

Subject: Re: [LDR] Merry Christmas
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 19:54:23 -0500 (EST)

How about the name Hurt?

Sussex Land records...
O-14:36 Deed. This indenture made 24 April 1789 between Josiah Huet of
Sussex County, DE of the one part & Joshua Polk of the same place of the
second part. Joshua Hurt by his bond of conveyance sold to Edward Polk, which
bond is assigned to John Jacobs & from John Jacobs to Joshua Polk afsd dtd
1784 for 130 acres of land receiving out of the sd land 1/2 acre of land
to be laid off so as to include the Burying Ground, & Josiah Hurt hereby
sold the land & tenements that was left to him by his fthr William Huet by his
last will & testament left to Josiah Hurt his son & agreeable to the bond
sd Joshua Hurt hath sold to Joshua Polk all the afsd land ..... called
Stalomn's Slt & Betty's Fancy .....

Then O-14:117 Bond of Convetance. 04 Nov 1789. Joshua Polk, Esq of
Nanticoke Hundred ... bound to James Bratten the younger, son of James Bratten of
Broad Creek Hundred .... Joshua Polk Esq is seized of two tracts of land
... being the same which Joshua Polk purchased by Deed from Josiah Hurst ...
called Stayton's Lot, situated in Nanticoke Hundred, the other of which was
conveyed to sd Joshua Polk by his fthr James Polk, dec'd. ... adjoining
lands now in tenure of William Ownes....

In a message dated 1/7/2013 10:52:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,