LOWER-DELMARVA-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Pam Pearson" <>
Subject: Re: [LDR] John Layfield Parker query
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:44:20 -0500

Richard wrote.... Do you know a bit more abt that John Layfield Parker's
family? William Parker (ca1746-c1797) & his wife, Mary/Molly Hill, of
Worcester Co. are my ancestors through their dau, Nancy Parker (1777-1828),
who marr (27 Feb 1797) Thomas Nathaniel Williams (1770-1827), also of
Worcester Co. I have just the slimmest knowledge abt the Parker family; but
would like to learn more.

Richard...Severn and Mary Ruark's daughter, Margaret, married Archibald
Parker in 1821 in Lewis Co, KY. Archibald and Mary were the parents of John
Layfield Parker b. c1825. Both the 1850 and 1860 census give Archibald
Parker's place of birth as KY.

My ancestor, Jordan Ruark, moved to Lewis Co, KY as well. Two of his
daughters married Parkers. Nancy Ruark married Alexander Parker in 1823 in
Lewis Co. Mary Ruark married William Parker, also in 1823. Alexander and
William Parker did not live long enough have their places of birth recorded
in the 1850 census. Quite a few families moved into the Lewis Co area from
Worcester Co. Some (perhaps many) of their children married within the
Worcester Co cluster of families. I've often wondered if Alexander and
William Parker came from Worcester Co as well. But, I haven't found time to
look into it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

This thread: