LUDLOW-L Archives

Archiver > LUDLOW > 2003-12 > 1070744672

From: Christine <>
Subject: [LUDLOW] Israel Ludlow m. to Charlotte Chambers
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:04:32 -0600

I am seeking information regarding the Ludlow family, particularly Israel
Ludlow who was married to Charlotte Chambers and were the parents of James
Chambers Ludlow.
There seem to be two schools of thought on who Israel's mother was - either
Martha Lyon or Catherine Cooper, married to Cornelius Ludlow. Various
AFT's indicate his year of birth as anything from 1765 to 1775, neither of
which seem consistent with his reputed service as a Colonel in the
Revolutionary War, since even with the earlier birthdate, he would have
only been 18 when the Treaty of Paris was signed.
Can anyone point me to a definitive source that will clear up the mysteries
for me?
Thank you for your assistance.
Christine
North Central IL