LUM-L Archives

Archiver > LUM > 2008-09 > 1221421565

From: ,
Subject: Re: [LUM] Erastus Lum and Pauline Wise
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:46:05 -0000

Author: LindaKGill
Surnames: Lum; Greenhaw; Wise; Nelson
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.lum/86.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Sammie: My husband's grandparents were George and Ada "Lizzie" (Greenhaw) Lum; Erastus (Rack or Hugh) was the son of William and Sarah (Nelson) Lum. I have not found the origin of the name "Rack" either, but Hugh was his middle name and the names of Sarah's brother and father.(I have copies of the successions for Erastus' father and grandfather from the St Landry Parish courthouse.)

We live in Sulphur, LA and I work at the S W LA Genealogical and Historical Library. It amazes me how much is available about the Lum family! However, I have not found anything on Pauline Wise's family either except that she was born in Missouri. I hope to visit the courthouse in Carthage on the next trip we make to MO.

By the way, I am a native of OK and lived in Ponca City as a child!!!

Important Note: