LUNEN-LINKS-L Archives

Archiver > LUNEN-LINKS > 2003-02 > 1045854320

From: "Gordon A. Watts" <>
Subject: [LL] Post 1901 Census - G. Watts written submission
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:05:20 -0800

Greetings All.

As stated in a previous posting I have remained relatively quiet
regarding my personal opinions regarding Bill S-13. I did so
deliberately so as to see the response of others without them being
influenced by my opinions.

On 17 February I sent my written submission regarding S-13 to the Senate
Committee. I hope that many of those reading this message have sent
their submissions as well. It is not too late to send your submission.
Send it to:

In making submissions, I would remind you again that the purpose of your
submissions is to bring Committee members around to our way of thinking.
As such, keep your submissions polite and respectful. Link your
constructive suggestions to specific clauses in the Bill. The full text
of Bill S-13 is accessible from a link on the Post 1901 Census Project
website at the URL following my signature.

It is expected that all public hearings by the Senate Committee will be
conducted on 27 February 2003. It is not known at this time how long
the Committee will deliberate on the testimony heard and submissions
received before returning the Bill with their recommendations to the
Senate. I do not anticipate it taking too long.

A number of readers have asked to see my own written submission to the
Committee. It is too long to include on a post to the mail lists and so
I have put it on a page of the Post 1901 Census Project website. For
those intereted it can be accessed at:

http://www.globalgenealogy.com/Census/S13written.htm

It is not currently linked to the rest of the website and so may only be
accessed with this URL.

Happy Hunting

Gordon A. Watts
Co-Chair, Canada Census Committee
Port Coquitlam, BC

http://globalgenealogy.com/Census
en fran├žais http://globalgenealogy.com/Census/Index_f.htm

Permission to forward without permission is granted.

This thread: