LUNEN-LINKS-L Archives

Archiver > LUNEN-LINKS > 2003-02 > 1045971529

From: "Bob Hegerich" <>
Subject: Re: [LL] Fw: Census
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:38:55 -0500

Hi Geraldine:

From the National Archives of Canada:

"In most cases, the following list indicates the official enumeration
dates for the various census returns. The actual enumeration of the
population took weeks or months. Enumerators were instructed to record the
information on the census returns as it existed on the official enumeration
date."

Here are the "official" dates they give the 1871-1901 Censuses:

1871 - 2 April 1871
1881 - 4 April 1881
1891 - 6 April 1891
1901 - 31 March 1901