Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 1997-06 > 0865391760

From: Margaret Olson <>
Subject: Starting A new Surname list???
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 21:36:00 -0500 (CDT)

> I was one of the MAISER transferees!! I like the method of
>maintaining the list so well, I would like to start three NEW
>surname LISTs. Can someone tell me how I can go about doing this! I
>have at least 25 people for each list write now that we have been
>doing CC Email. And I would like to start up new list. Please let me
>know the procedure. I would like both mail mode and Digest mode!

I think others would like to know the answer to this. There used to
be a limit of two surnames lists on Rootsweb. I know that the move
of the lists from indiana.edu must have changed that, because I know
a lot of people had many more than 2 lists there.

Is there still a limit for NEW lists? The information on the Rootsweb
web page was out of date a few days ago on this - it still says
two - Does the existence of MAIL and Digest constitute one or two
lists?

Margaret Olson

This thread: