Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 1997-08 > 0870739391

From: "George W. Durman" <>
Subject: Re: What does this mean?
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 20:03:11 -0400

At 17:50 08/04/97 -0400, David Sylvester wrote:

>He is not on the list. If he were you would get a number of 32***
>as the first entry. Did you check both "L"ist and "D"igest mode?

David, are you sure about this? The reason I ask is that as a
Listowner, I have received messages that say there have been
more than 4 "bounces" but that the address has not been re-
moved because of lack of confidence. In these cases, there
have been instances of the offending address in the right hand
column, but with numbers below the 32xxx you mention. In
those cases I have sent an X-Command to remove them and
got messages back that they HAD been removed from the
List (even though the confidence numbers weren't high
enough).

This leads me to believe that an address CAN be on the List,
but for some reason has a low confidence number. And, in
such cases, the mailbot won't remove them. Can anyone
expand on this?

Thanks,
SgtGeorge

Here is what the attachment looks like:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<P><FONT color=#000000 face=Basset size>&nbsp;Hope this gets through
OK.</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>

As you can see, it is pure HTML. In this case, the program didn't
include anything from the body, just the header information.

This thread: