Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 1998-02 > 0887036991

From: Patti <>
Subject: Re: LISTOWNERS SPAMMED BY MEMBERS
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 10:09:51 -0500

Would you folks please not use this list to air your "private" grievances.
I for one am sick & tired of all the bickering going on. Please grow up &
don't subject all of us to your petty arguments.

At 09:43 AM 10/10/97 -0400, Litsa wrote:
>nadine <>wrote:
>
>> Yes dear one but you do not carry any weight on my list
>
>Nadine, *dear* , if you are the owner of the ,I was
not aware.

>I was also not aware that I posted anything on any *other* list except
Listowners.

>Secondly, as a fairly new listowner and subscriber of the Listowners'
>list, it never crossed my mind that I had *any* sort of weight on *any*
>list, including my own, as I allow member subscribers to* voice their
opinion freely*.

>My view is that I am here to learn.
>
>> I know how to read the headers I and many miore get sick and
>> tired of list owner like you trying to tell us who and what
>> to block
>
>That you know how to read a header, ...well good for you.
>
>Your patronizing sarcasm has been acknowledged, however uncalled for.
>
>I was *not* trying to tell anyone what to do.
>In fact, if you took the time to carefully read my original e-mail to
>the Listowners' list, you would have noticed that I was reporting info
>about a spammer address that had nothing to do with the ASCOM deal.
>
>Further, I have been only *reading* Listowner messages for a while now,
>and it seems to me when a problem arises, the listowners share the info here.
>Whilst this subject thread of the ASCOM spammer, I felt guilty *not*
>to tell the rest of the listowners, as I thought that was what they were
doing,
>and it was my duty as a fellow listowner.
>
>In fact, it was the first time I offered anything here other than a couple
of posts
>requesting help from fellow listowners.
>
>>now if you could come up with a way that spam
>>would't bounce to list owner on their closed list that would
>>be helpful.
>
>Well if I do, I'll be wondering if I would be *allowed* to post the
>information on the Listowners' list, as I would again
>be soliciting chastisation by the likes of you.
>
>Litsa wrote:
>
>> >Well, I'm sorry, but I don't agree. A lot of lists were spammed this
weekend.I wasn't going to write in about my spammer, but I thought again
that I
>> >should
>> >share the spammer's address with all of you for our server's and our
lists' protection.

>> you only shared what we already knew.
>
>Did you? My spammer was <>; complely different.I
just thought that some people wanted to add this one on their reject list
>before it hit their list.
>
>Like I said, I thought it was the right thing to do to tell other Listowners.
>
>Litsa

This thread: