Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 1999-02 > 0919533501

From: <>
Subject: Re: Strange place.....
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:58:21 EST

> It certainly does not look like it links back to me, but what do I know.
> What would it link to at RootsWeb? I have not seen archives displayed like
> this anywhere - but then I only do searches. Am showing my stupidity.

Carol, I just checked out this Website for the first time for myself. There
is a link there to you and to everyone else who has messages posted in the
digests that are displayed on that page.

http://www.liszt.com/read/SCRoots-
D/

Now that I have seen this for myself I join everyone else in asking what the
RootsWeb archives are doing being displayed on a non-RootsWeb site? This is
not just a link-back to the archives themselves but an actual page on another
server displaying the archives for the SC-Roots list. I must say it is a very
nice display of the archived digests BUT I wonder if they have been granted
permission to use the archives in this manner? I always thought this sort of
reposting was a no-no.

Joan

This thread: