Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 1999-03 > 0922238248

From: Dick McCOACH <>
Subject: Computer Rage
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:17:28 -0500

Here's a beautiful example of what a list being "moderated" can prevent
from happening-the message immediately below was an answer to a message
that he was responding to from the Digest that was sent to the
subscribers-so what happens-the respondent sends the ENTIRE Digest back
to the IRL-KERRY list . Now isn't that a BEAUTIFUL post to the list
that's now going to become part of the Archives AND the next Digest from
the KERRY list.. "Moderated" would have cut this one off at the "pass"
and thrown 99 % of this meaages in the "can". I eliminated the
respondents name and address, at least I hope I did, in order not to
embarrass him/her.

Thanks Dick McCoach

> --part0_922229602_boundary
>
> In a message dated 99-03-20 00:55:50 EST,
> writes:
>
> <<
> "One of the most striking and interesting of the phenomena to be observed in
> study is the tenacity with which families have continued to dwell for
> centuries, down to the present day, in the very districts where their names
> originated. This obtains in almost every county in Ireland. Thus, the births
> registered for the distinctive Kerry names of Brick, Brosnan, Culloty,
> Kissane, MacElligott and MacGillycuddy, to take more or less random examples
> are entirely confined to that county. "
> >>

> Thank you so much for all the name information. Your final paragraph brought
> a smile to my face. My grandfather William Patrick ELLIGET, is a descendant
> of the MacELLIGOTT clan of Kerry county, although I have only been able to
> trace the family back to Toronto, where they came from Ireland in the ealty
> 1840s. I someday hope to make the link back to the old country.
>
> I went to Kerry County a couple of years ago and visited, Ballymacelligott.
> It was quite a thrill, and found Kerry to be one of the most beautiful places.
>

> 8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
>
> Web Site Design and Marketing
>
> A business in the new millennium without a web site,
> is like a business in the 20th Century, without a telephone.
>

> 8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
> --part0_922229602_boundary

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:50:32 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: IRL-KERRY-D Digest V99 #82

> IRL-KERRY-D Digest Volume 99 : Issue 82
>
> Today's Topics:
> #1 Church Parishes-- Co.Kerry Killarn ["John & Joy Walsh" <]
> #2 RE : Information needed on "White []
> #3 CRONIN & KINGSTON [Margaret R Welsch <>]
> #4 Payment ["Linda Carrier" <]
> #5 "Irish given names," []
> #6 O'Leary, John [Michael McCarthy <.]
>
> Administrivia:
> To unsubscribe send an email to this address:
>

> In the body of the email, type this one word *only*:
>
> unsubscribe
>
> and **no other text**,(no signature, no period). No subject line is necessary,
> but if your software requires one, just use unsubscribe in the subject, too.
> Note: its NOT the same address you use to post to the list, this address to
> unsubscribe has the word "request" in it. Hope we helped!
>
> ______________________________
> --------------------
> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:45:36 +1000
> From: "John & Joy Walsh" <>
> Subject: Church Parishes-- Co.Kerry Killarney/CastleIsland
>
> I am searching for my Gfather, James Maurice Walsh. The evidence I have is
> that he came from
> Killarney or CastleIsland and that he was born 1861-1863. Is it possible to
> ask for the parishes
> postal address in this forum. If so I would appreciate the information most
> gratefully.

> [...]

This thread: