Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2000-02 > 0950636845

From: JOHN BALLARD <>
Subject: Re: suggestions
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:47:25 -0800

I have already pointed out to Lorine that I realize there are good sites
that get publicity. But there is one major site that does not get
publicity, and a number of others not so good, that nevertheless do get
publicity.--We object to that. Let's work on it.

Sorry that Lorine felt injured.
John Ballard

Lorine McGinnis Schulze wrote:

> JOHN BALLARD <> wrote:
>
> > What good are all these fine facilities if others, less worthy, get all
> > the publicity?
> >

> Pardon? Less worthy?
>
> Since The Olive Tree Genealogy was one site Carol specifically
> named as coming up in the search engine, I must point out (as off
> topic as it may be) that The Olive Tree is hosted by Rootsweb and
> as the owner/maintainer of Olive Tree, I provide (singlehandedly)
> over 450 pages of primary source documents online.
>
> How is my page (The Olive Tree Genealogy) "less worthy"?
>
> Lorine McGinnis Schulze

> The Olive Tree Genealogy http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/
> The Canadian Military Heritage Project http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/

This thread: