Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2000-02 > 0950652560

From: Carol C-H <>
Subject: Re: Suggestions
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:09:20 -0600

But Mari, the Resource Pages and the GenConnect pages and the Archives are
web pages - that is what I was hoping the search would find - things like
that, at RootsWeb itself - if the search showed the WEB resource pages for
the surnames and counties and such, that would be perfect -

Carol

At 03:37 PM 02/15/2000 -0600,Mari wrote:
>You've just proven what I've been trying to convey....
>
>All the sites that have been sent in as examples....at least those that I
>did a quick check on, are WEB Pages!! NOT mailing lists. There IS a
>difference. Sure, Genforum is a query site....BUT...it is STILL a web
>page...that has query forms set up on it.....
>
>Tim? Andrew? Ellen? Am I off base on this???
>
>Mari
>

>At 04:15 PM 2/15/00 -0500, wrote:
>>When I go to Altavista and type in
>> +Everall +genealogy
>>the first site that comes up is the Rootsweb login page for the archives of
>>the Everall list.
>>
>>When I first took over the Everall list I sent the URL to a few of the larger
>>search engines. The challenge is to figure out how to do it. In Altavista,
>>for example, go to the URL
>>
>>http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=addurl
>>
>>and fill in the form for whatever you want the search engine to pick up.
>>
>>Eleanor

Carol C-H <> http://www2.netdoor.com/~cch/
The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you but in
what he cannot reveal to you.
Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says but
rather to what he does not say.
~~~Kahlil Gibran~~~

This thread: