Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2000-04 > 0955895285

From: "Bonnie S. Dannenberg" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 10:28:05 -0400

At 12:25 AM 4/16/2000 EDT, wrote:
>Anyway, I digress. What I really wanted to say is
>that I totally agree with Jim Reardon that it is
>strange, on a list owners list that things have gotten
>so out of hand. I would unsubscribe to this site if
>I didn't, at times, get good help. As far as I'm
>concerned, this has become a flame war that isn't
>at all necessary.

I guess it's all in how people perceive things. To
me, a flame war is when things get very nasty, and
people start calling other list members names and
personally attacking them. I have not seen that
happening here. To others, a flame war is whenever
anyone disagrees. They don't consider it "nice" to
have different opinions. I appreciate reading
different opinions on any given subject, because
often the point may be something I haven't considered
myself, and it just may change my mind.

Bonnie D.

This thread: