Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2000-06 > 0960939397

From: "Dan" <>
Subject: Re: SMARTER SPAMMERS
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:36:37 -0700

Joan =
In a stern way of thinking, the only reason he got in this fix is simply
because
*he did not follow the subscribing rules*
Had he subscribed as he should have by loosing the sig file,
no one would have noticed,
and as you say he has been around for awhile
so he know's this.
Any one multi subs and puts up something for sale asap, I am going to be
suspecting a future problem .
Not knowing this person in particular I would only think about a list
problem as to what I found today .
It don't help us if he is confiding in you , we don't know this, but some
one could pop up and just say *hey this guy's OK*

Now that the list utilities are back up I will put him back on the list ,
then I has a appt .

Sorry about all the excitement , and again when some one subscribes and I
see this stuff in a format I don't know and when it looks like Spam, I am
gonna holler *wolfe*

Not my fault I jumped, it was his for subbing with a sales type sig .

subscribe in the body of the message and NO message meens just that . <grin>
rules , to bad he got upset but we do tend to watch things out of the
ordinary.

PS
I never once wrote him any thing disturbing .

Dan