Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2000-09 > 0969074609

From: Victoria <>
Subject: Re: Can Rootsweb stop sending the "Help" (info) emails?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:23:29 -0400

At 09:17 PM 9/15/00 -0400, Mary D. Taffet wrote:

>Victoria -- did you save your changes after you changed the option on
>your tools page? If you go back in now, do you still see the option set
>the way you want it to be set?

Mary,

Thanks for the info. I went to the utils page and checked to be sure but
thing is I've had the "send (semi-useless) help file?" checked at NO since
the beginning (1997). I figured if the folks at Rootsweb said it was
"semi-useless" and set the default to "No" then that was no doubt the
thing to do. I'm perplexed that they are being sent.

And thanks for catching my poorly expressed point: IF the help message
does not bounce then we are supplying a "how to" for all Rootsweb lists.
I hadn't thought twice about it in the past, the msg pretty much went to a
non-address and bounced to us as listowners, but now it looks like
something's afoot and they *may* be getting a bit more interested in
making that "gazillion emails made their target goal".

While I'm at it, did anyone receive some blue background "we blocked some
spam" messages? Was that an experiment or will it continue?

Thanks all,
Victoria

This thread: