Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2000-10 > 0972829510

Subject: Re: Utilities Password hacker?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 01:25:10 +1100

I have looked at the system logs and the mail logs and it is my guess
that it is someone trying to subscribe themselves to a mailing list,
*or* just plained bored and wishing to irritate Mari. [Normally that
would put me in the frame but this time I plead innocence!!!]

Regards Andrew <- running away giggling

On 28 Oct 2000, at 20:18, Mari <> wrote:

> At 08:04 PM 10/28/00 , Margaret Olson wrote:
>
> >>That could be, but I adopted it months ago.
> >
> >Two ideas - I doubt anyone is purposely trying to sabotage your list
> >(unless you have some genealogy stalker out there, Mari).
>
> Hehehe...only one that I know of <g> (who shall remain nameless)
>

> >There is at least one other Grundy County out there. Could the ILGRUNDY
> >manager be confused? ( OT - Who do you suppose Grundy was? )
>
> Well, that's possible I suppose.
>

> >Or - if you adopted it, maybe it was abandoned by someone who got sick or
> >something, and maybe the previous list manager has returned.
>
> possible, but after this long a time...and seems like they'd be subbed
> anyway....
>

> >I think you can get help from listmaster if it continues.
>
> Ended up with just the 11. Either they've gotten in (which is unlikely
> with the pw I use, or they gave up.
>
> I've written listmaster.
> Thanks :)
>
> Mari