Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2001-07 > 0996108896

From: Laura Johnson <>
Subject: johnl@iecc.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:54:56 -0500

Info on our famous John - he tried to subscribe to several of my lists
that are non-Rootsweb as well as my list on Rootsweb. I had
Madisontelco.com check him out.

Here is their response.

>The guy has a home page :-) http://www.iecc.com/johnl/ He thinks of
himself as an internet guru and feels he is "cranking up" that website.
Even has a link on http://www.iecc.com/ to the network abuse
clearinghouse which helps you route complaints about junk e-mail and
other abusive practices to the right place.

domain: iecc.com
status: production
origin-c: #0
organization: I.E.C.C.
email: #0
address: PO Box 727
city: Trumansburg
state: NY
postal-code: 14886
country: US
admin-c: #0
tech-c: #0
billing-c: #1
nserver: sdn.iecc.com
nserver: light.lightlink.com
registrar: JORE-1
created: 1993-04-27 00:00:00 UTC NSI
modified: 2001-05-21 05:12:24 UTC JORE-1
expires: 2002-04-28 00:00:00 UTC
And here's the other site he works on : http://net.gurus.com/
Being a moderator on a usenet newsgroup and having links to CAUCE,
http://www.cauce.org/ on his websites he should definitely know exactly
what
constitutes abuse. Maybe he is researching something for another book
;-)
Here's some other info from that site on the copyright policies...does
give
a phone # for him :-)

I.E.C.C.: Copyright information
All pages on this web site are Copyright © 1999,2000,2001 by I.E.C.C.
Some
pages may also be copyright by the individual authors.
Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act
Per section 512(c) of Title 17, the U.S. Copyright law, the designated
agent
to receive notification of a claimed infringement is:

John R. Levine
I.E.C.C.
PO Box 727
Trumansburg, N.Y. 14886
Phone: +1 607 387 6869
Email:
(Use this e-mail address only for infringement notices; other mail sent
it will be ignored.)

Mike

Laura L. Johnson

The Termini Imerese Database