Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-02 > 1012960694

From: Elsi <>
Subject: RE: [LO] A Kind of Letter -- and "Cheers!"
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:00:38 -0600

At 02:55 PM 02/05/2002 -0700, Jeannie Dalrymple wrote:
>I get these too, at least a couple a week... I send them back with a note
>that my name is Jeannie but I don't live in a bottle and have 27 list,
>which one are you on? ... And I then send them the how to, to unsub and to
>resub from which ever list they want and if they have a problem to please
>contact me again with the name of the list and their old and new addy and I
>would assist.

My usual response is to remind folks that mailing list subscriptions are
self-service. And then to tell them that if they still have use of the old
address to unsubscribe themselves & if they don't to forget about it
because the computer will do it for them if their mail bounces.
Subscribing with the new address shouldn't require the list administrator.

Regards,
Elsi

This thread: