Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-02 > 1012960694

From: Elsi <>
Subject: RE: [LO] A Kind of Letter -- and "Cheers!"
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:00:38 -0600

At 02:55 PM 02/05/2002 -0700, Jeannie Dalrymple wrote:
>I get these too, at least a couple a week... I send them back with a note
>that my name is Jeannie but I don't live in a bottle and have 27 list,
>which one are you on? ... And I then send them the how to, to unsub and to
>resub from which ever list they want and if they have a problem to please
>contact me again with the name of the list and their old and new addy and I
>would assist.

My usual response is to remind folks that mailing list subscriptions are
self-service. And then to tell them that if they still have use of the old
address to unsubscribe themselves & if they don't to forget about it
because the computer will do it for them if their mail bounces.
Subscribing with the new address shouldn't require the list administrator.

This thread: