Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-02 > 1013924467

Subject: Re: [LO] Input Sought: Digest Mode Problems
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:41:07 EST

In a message dated 2/17/02 12:14:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> To clarify (LOL-I asked her the same question so I didn't explain it
> any better than she did!).
>
> She's subbed to MDALLEGA Digest. She gets one (1) Digest copy each
> time it's sent. When she opens the Digest she finds sometimes 2 to 3
> of the same List posting within her Digest. That's what has me
> puzzled!
>
> Can you pull the full header out of each message within a Digest?

Kathleen-

There would be ONE set of headers with the digest--there wouldn't be headers
for each message within the digest because only ONE message (digest) is sent.
I think we'd need to see one complete digest (including the repeated posts)
to see what the subscriber is complaining about.

I'm guessing off the top of my head that what she is seeing is replies that
copy the previous message. Sounds like she isn't familiar with digests and
how the individual posts are copied into the digest.

Joan

This thread: