Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-03 > 1016771717

From: "Robert W Fay" <>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [LO] Reply to whom?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:35:26 -0600

Hi John and all,

Well, I understand what you are saying. But probably the most common reason for using a
"reply to" address in an email program is to send it to an address other than that from which
it originated. For that to be effective, then there has to be a pretty good agreement among
email program creaters as to the standard format that will be used. And from non scientific
observation that appears to be by adding a Reply To line in the headers together with the
email address. And that is what Pegasus (and AFAIK) all other email programs read for their
reply to response.

Try following the instructions that were posted and see if that doesn't happen with Eudora!

(For Joan's amusement I have included a reply to header in this post)

Bob Fay