Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-08 > 1028583769

Subject: Re: [LO] Why bounce this guy off?
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:42:49 EDT

writes:

> I am attaching my copy of a bounce notice it appears that there were two
> bouncers involved. One fatal, one transient.
> SmartList bounced the TRANSIENT bouncer off. (Later the other one bounced
> off too, but that's OK) the subscriber is wanting to know why? The actual
> unsub notice went through. I've put him back on the list.

Joe-

Maybe someone more techie than me can give you a definitive reason, but I can
tell you I've seen SmartList do this before. The mail is sent out in a
batch, and when there are transient delivery problems and permanent fatal
errors within the same batch, SmartList seems to randomly pick the address it
will count the "bounce" against--and sometimes, as in this case, it isn't so
smart.

Joan

This thread: