Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-08 > 1029602225

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [LO] No Rootsweb websites... no FTP to Freepages... no helpdesk.. ...
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:37:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/02 12:30:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> On top of the frustration caused by trying to access lists and archives, I
> really don't feel inclined to start keeping a log and posting that to
> Rootsweb especially as it would consist of "posted message to X-list,
> didn't arrive or bounce.

John-

The above notation including the time sent would be a valid bug
report--keeping a log is a good idea.

I know I had this happen a few days ago when we were having the lists2
problem. Two days after sending the messages that never made it I received a
2 day delayed bounce saying the posts couldn't be delivered to the lists2
server. This may well be what will be happening in the next day or so--you
may well get bounces on the mail that wasn't delivered while the system was
down. They have been several outages during the last couple days and it
could well be that mail wasn't delivered and isn't being delivered during
that time--and eventually it will bounce back to you--then that is a matter
that can be reported with evidence.

Joan

This thread: