Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-08 > 1029602420

From: Shipper <>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [LO] No Rootsweb websites... no FTP to Freepages... no helpdesk.. ...
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 13:40:20 -0300

Yes Pat, that is my understanding too, however, if it is being routed
simultaneously to the archiver and to the list subscribers, then either
...1. The routing to the subscribers in mis-functioning, or ...2. ALL the
ISPs of ALL the list subscribers are going into simultaneous meltdown, and
they don't deliver the mail to their customers.

I am voting for number one ;-}

Sue
--
At 12:25 PM 2002-08-17 -0400, Pat Asher wrote:
>At 12:17 PM 8/17/2002, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 8/17/02 12:00:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>> writes:
>>
>> > I think what is ticking most of us off Joan, is that it ISN'T leaving
>> > RootsWeb. It is being routed to the Archiver (and I'm not sure ALL mail
>> > Digest mail.
>>
>>Sue-
>>
>>If you can present hard and fast evidence of that (I believe you--just
trying
>>to look at it from staff's perspective) then report that evidence to the
>>HelpDesk. I think that is what staff is denying is happening at this
>>point--they are saying it IS going out.
>
>As I understand it, a message does not appear in the archives until it *IS*
>sent to the list members.
>

>Pat

This thread: