Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2002-08 > 1029661038

From: "George W. Durman" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] System Status Aug 17-2002 ???
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 04:57:18 -0400

Way to go John! I was beginning to think I was the only one who
would actually criticize and lament Rootsweb's feeble attempts
to do such a simple thing as move to new servers. I mean, it's not
exactly "rocket science"!

I've posted several emails asking when the Archives will actually
start showing ALL of the posts to the Lists. One can do a search
in the Archives and find past messages, but using the Threaded
Archives, one still finds many (most?) of them are STILL not
listed. I have some as far back as two weeks that are STILL not
on the Threaded Archives, yet I can search for them and find
them. ????? That sucks! It certainly doesn't help those users
who don't subscribe to Lists but depend on visiting the Archives
to read the latest posts.

George

At 08/17/2002 12:27 PM Saturday, John A Hansen wrote:
*********START OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE TEXT*********

>Dear Elaine:
>
>It's now over 2 months since this adventure
>started. It's becoming pretty obvious that our wonderous
>"orthogonal" engineer, Tim Pierce, has not been able
>to get on top of this. He certainly wasn't fully prepared
>for the complexity of the task of swapping out a few
>servers.
>
>This was from Vicki on June 10 2002 ( over 2 months ago)
>
>"Beginning Monday, 10 June 2002, RootsWeb will begin
> the complex and time-consuming process of upgrading our
> servers to new hardware.
>
> o What does this mean for you? Well, it means some servers
> will be unavailable during this time unavailable and we are
> asking for your patience.
>
> For up-to-date information about the different resources,
> you can
> visit http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/ as the move progresses."
>
>The only thing posted here is the problem on the gateways and the
>GenWeb Search.
>
> I hope we get some straight answers pretty soon about
>the state of affairs.
>
>Best Regards
>John A Hansen
>(snip)