Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2003-02 > 1044461254

Subject: Re: [LO] Why was this person subscribed?
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:07:34 EST

In a message dated 2/5/03 10:46:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> At the very least, if these attempts are
> allowed to go through, a message should be sent in response to the
> flawed attempt with text that the admin can edit to his/her needs
> informing the person of their mistake and explaining the proper
> procedure. Allowing these to be automatically subscribed is also a
> mistake in my opinion.

Denny-

SmartList in its effort to be... well ... SMART, attempts to sort out
subscription requests that are incorrectly sent to the list, redirect them to
the request address, and subscribe them automatically which is what has
happened in this case. SmartList also includes a WARNING when sending out
the confirmation of subscription that future requests should be sent to the
request address. I think that's pretty darn smart. :)

Joan

This thread: