Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2003-02 > 1044490297

Subject: Re: [LO] Why was this person subscribed?
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:11:37 EST

In a message dated 2/5/03 11:25:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> I would
> *really* like to know what fraction of such "smart" subscriptions
> is from spammers and other no-goodniks. It wouldn't have to be
> very large to constitute a problem.

Darrell-

I really think this is a NON-problem. Spammers send their spam to all three
list addresses -- both request addresses as well as the actual list
address--so if they have one of the magic word commands they will get subbed
anyway--but that happens VERY infrequently. I think we can count the
instances on one hand.

Joan

This thread: