Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2003-02 > 1046101497

Subject: [LO] conflict of interest
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:44:57 -0500

There is a subscriber to several of my lists who has created new
(competing) lists on Yahoo! so that subscribers can more easily share
files. He has announced these lists on RootsWeb mailing lists without
prior admin approval and is now posting updates to the RootsWeb lists
about the Yahoo! lists. (I hope I'm making sense!)

received this from one of our leaders: "If they were continually
drumming up business I would have thought that the admin would stomp on
the practice." I'm now about to stomp, but before I do, I was wondering
if any of you have experienced this before and, if so, if you had some
appropriate wording I could borrow.

Thanks!

Lynne

This thread: