Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2004-02 > 1075732402

From: Piglet <>
Subject: Re: [LO] List Rules; Was Re: Email Tags That Contain Surnames
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:33:22 -0600

Folks, let us not forget that different admins have different styles, and
RootsWeb permits this within reason. (And of course, where the limits to
that are are up to Drew, not to a vote of subscribers or fellow admins....)

There is no "one right way" to admin lists, and there is no one way to admin
lists that will please all possible subscribers: you will always have at
least one subscriber (or ex-subscriber) who would prefer an extremely strict
format of query, no replies on list, absolutely minimum traffic----and at
least one subscriber (or ex-subscriber) who really isn't happy unless they
can post Aunt Betty's peach butter recipe and a request for prayers for
their daughter-in-law's cousin. Hopefully most of us are somewhere between
the two extremes.

This discussion has skated *very* close to getting personal a couple of
times, and I'm watching it very closely. I'm not sure there's anywhere
constructive for it to go from here, but if it does, that's okay. If it's
only going to consist of "my way is right" "no, it isn't, my way is right",
then it might as well end now.

--pig

This thread: