Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2004-04 > 1082811999

From: Ed Heral <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Welcome Letter question/suggestion
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:06:54 -0500

wrote:

>No way is it grammatically correct English. To say I have added to the
>subscriber list of -- means that I have contributed to the list. This I have not
>done.

When you are subscribed, your name has been placed on the "subscriber
list". Therefore you have added to the "subscriber list". When you
post a message to the "yoursurname mailing list", then you have
contributed to the "yoursurname list". "subscribers list" is not the
same as "yoursurname mailing list"

It is all a matter of semantics. Although I agree that "been" added
would make it sound better, I do believe it could be argued that it is
grammatically correct as you are referring to the subscriber list itself.

My opinion, and not humble as if it were humble, would not bother the
list with the post. LOL

This thread: