Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2004-08 > 1092926172

Subject: Re: A reasonable amount of time
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:36:12 -0700

There are exceptions to the "Wednesday" rule -- if I have to do any research
to ensure I'm not creating a duplicate list, that will throw the "created on
Wednesday" off. If I don't understand the request or if the way the
description is written encourages me for a second opinion, that will also
toss the "Wednesday" creation out the window.

--

Vicki Thauvin
RootsWeb Staff

On 8/18/04 6:17 PM, ""
<> wrote:

> From: <>
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:43:25 EDT
> To: <>
> Subject: Re: [LO] A reasonable amount of time
>

> A board Admin and I (List Admin) jointly requested a gateway. It took about
> 4 to 6 weeks to get done when there were no other problems like server
> malfunctions going on. Bottom line is you'll just have to cultivate that
> patience
> trait <grin> Sorry. I tend to be like you and want things done yesterday, but
> sometimes life just doesn't seem to want to cooperate.
>
> Ruth Cherecwich
>
> In a message dated 8/18/2004 1:24:56 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> writes:
>
> A week or so ago, I became BOARD Admin for a handful of surname boards when
> the former Admin gave them up. I like to run my boards and lists together
> with the gateway open, so I requested new lists to be created for most of
> these since none existed. It has now been a week, but can anyone give me an
> idea
> of a reasonable amount of time by which I should be notified one way or
> another?

This thread: