Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2006-09 > 1159570075

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:47:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2006 3:43:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

oan,
For whatever it's worth to Rootsweb, the bounces that I have received on the
surname lists I manage have ALL been SPAM, some of which were obviously from
non-
English-speaking countries, a few of which were porn.

I can easily handle this; when I realized that the same people were
repeatedly trying to spam the lists, I checked
the box that would keep them from subscribing...and so
far, it seems to be working.
Helen

Helen-

It doesn't really do any good to ban the spammer addresses as they don't
reuse them. Just delete the obvious spam.

Joan

This thread: