Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2007-03 > 1174764390

From: "Mary D. Taffet" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Ongoing problem with spam from RW
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

David,

I get immediate notifications as well. My ISP is TimeWarner/Roadrunner,
but my e-mail provider is Syracuse University. SU has installed the spam
filtering software from Brightmail at the server level, and any messages
identified as spam are deleted at the server level unseen by anyone.

That said, I don't know of any actual instances where they have deleted
mail that should have been sent to me, but then again if they had, I'd
never know about it.

So, yes, I do get immediate notifications, and no, my e-mail provider
never marks them as spam for me to do something about it. I can't swear
that they don't delete them unseen as spam, but I don't think they do.

-- Mary

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, David E. Cann wrote:

> Do any of my fellow List Admins use this feature to receive moderation
> requests immediately, and do you likewise find an awful lot of "spam from
> RootsWeb" caught in your provider's spam filters?

This thread: