Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2007-03 > 1174860234

Subject: Re: [LO] Ongoing problem with spam from RW
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:03:54 -0400

Hi David,

I used to use Immediate Notices, but after trying Daily Notices for a
while, I decided they work much better.

I know Earthlink has very tight spam and security controls. Since
you know the Immediate Notices are going to be caught by them, your
solution is within your control.

Have you even tried using Daily Notices? I started by using them on
my busiest list, then I added the list that attracted the most
spam. Why not use Daily Notices on your busy lists and stay with
Immediate Notices on the slow lists. Or whatever division works for
you. But, David, please at least give it a try.

,
Patrice

At 3/25/2007 07:51 AM -0600, "David E. Cann" <> wrote:
>The bottom line is that no matter how you or anyone else attempt to gloss it
>over or make excuses for it, the simple undeniable fact of the matter is
>that those moderation contain clearly identifyable elements of spam, which
>are easily identifyable not only by us but also many service providers.
>RootsWeb is sending out those spam elements, and thus is getting properly
>caught in my provider's spam filters which apparently work much better than
>the inept system that RootsWeb is using.

<snip>

This thread: