Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2007-07 > 1184991388

From: "Lauren Boyd" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Has anyone else seen an increase in pending notices
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:16:28 -0700

Carol:

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 lists. Yes, spam seems to be on
the rise. The filters, apparently are not catching up as quickly as we'd
hope. I have been inundated with messages with "..... .pdf" in the
subject line. One would think that could be filtered out sooner than what
it seems to be taking. However, it may also be that it had been considered
that someone may use that in a real subject line.

I would not suggest dropping lists. Not unless you are finding it
overwhelming. Do remember that you can review the pending messages in your
email, delete the email and allow the server to dump those that are spam
within 2 weeks..... acting only on the real messages, of course.

Beyond commisserating, I am unsure what we admins can do about the
situation. Mark the spam for defang. Beyond that.... ?

Cheers,

Lauren