Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2008-07 > 1216918307

From: Patricia Max <>
Subject: Re: [LO] All these stupid brokerage reject messages
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:51:47 -0600

I manage only one list, and I have noticed that spam to the list is on
again, off again. The spammers seem to be really busy trying to figure
out how to slip their messages past the spam filters, usually by
changing the subject line. I know the various subjects of spam to my
personal email, and I don't see many of those coming to my list so my
guess is that the filters keep those out. Sending the current spam to
the filters does help, but it has become a never ending process.

I can appreciate the frustration of folks who deal with multiple lists.
Perhaps if you let some of your lists time out the spam messages and
just concentrate on sending spam from one or two lists to the filters,
you will not be overwhelmed. Of course, you can always hope that some
of us who only manage one or two lists are always sending ours to the
filters, helping everyone over time. I don't think the spam filters
respond to the number of messages with a given subject and content so
maybe delivering a large number of the same message to the filters
actually slows them down because the filters have to check to see if the
messages have already been included.

Patricia Max