Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-01 > 1264601159

From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] strange bounce
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:05:59 -0500

Can't find anything remotely close.

It's my m.o. to create a folder in Outlook for each of my lists. In that
folder, I make a subfolder for every member, and I keep copies, not only of
their posts, but their sub and unsub messages. When someone unsubs, I move them
into a "former subscribers" folder. This may seem to be overkill, but it allows
me, among other things, to know in most cases, not just the subscribers' email
addresses (as in the list tools roster), but to know their real names. I have
very few subscribers whose real names I do not know.

If there is someone forwarding their list messages to this address, their
subscribed name and address aren't giving a clue that there's a connection.
Well, I suspect the server is going to bounce this person shortly. Maybe then
I'll find out who it really is.

Thanks for the tip that these messages are possibly being forwarded. That
hadn't occurred to me.

Diana

This thread: