Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-01 > 1264665196

Subject: Re: [LO] Strange bounce
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:53:16 EST

Alf-

Yes...this one took me back to SmartList days. BUT...the RootsWeb techies
sort of fixed that problem under MailMan in that they added that ERRORS TO
header field and had the actual subscribed address inserted into that
field. That means when a list post is bounced back, if the bounce includes the
original list message headers the admin CAN find the subscribed address even
in cases of forwarding. In this case that information wasn't being included
in the Uncaught Bounce notice.

For instance in your list post -- my copy shows the following:

With this information if my copy bounced back to RootsWeb, no matter where
the bounce might come back from (if I was using forwarding) the subscribed
address would be known.

Joan

In a message dated 1/28/2010 2:47:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,