Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-03 > 1267529124

From: Irene Macleod <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Suggestions
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:25:24 +0100

I think we want to get this into perspective. Genealogy is a hobby ...it's
not the search for the Holy Grail. Spam is a nuisance, not the end of the
world ...if you can't handle it then it's time to disconnect. And listowners
...you're there to help your subscribers to contact each other ...you're not
there to make rules and regulations or police your subscribers' postings
because they don't agree with your rules. Keep in mind you are all self
appointed ...petty regulation will make your subscribers vote with their
feet.... and, more importantly, may discourage newbies from pursuing their
hobby.

Irene