Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-03 > 1268835643

From: "Diane K. Hettrick" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] GloriaT321
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:20:43 -0700

I have all my gateways set to hold posts from senders not subscribed
to the list, so that should protect the list. When I see the capture
(I choose to get daily notifications) I can go remove it from the board.

The problem with spam is that it works. Enough people respond to it
to make it cost-effective for the spammers and the people they are
spamming for. But trying to alert people is like trying to make
people stop sending on those stupid chain emails. I'm sure there are
still people sending money to "Africa".

Diane

On Mar 17, 2010, at 2:35 AM, Darrell A. Martin wrote:

Diane K. Hettrick wrote:
> The book spammer is hitting the Washington state boards but the sender
> is now GloriaT321
>
> Diane in Seattle

Diane:

And, the text of the posts is now somewhat different but the URL to the
commercial site is still the same. I have all my gateways closed (or
moderated, whatever the right term is).

Darrell

This thread: