Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-03 > 1269529936

From: Charani <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Lineage Society solicitation
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:13:28 +0000

Mary D. Taffet wrote:

> Here is a link to the message in the archives, which does seem to be on
> topic for the list:
>
> <http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/VA-BUCKNHAM/2010-03/1269480042>;
>
> I was extremely exhausted after a very long work day, having been up for
> more than 19 hours when I first saw the message last night. With the
> clarity of a decent night's sleep, I now realize that it didn't mention
> any fees, etc.
>
> I would have appreciated a private message from the new subscriber
> asking if it was OK to post the message on the list, but in the light of
> day, it no longer seems quite as commercial as it did last night.

I can understand how that would appear to be commercial, especially at
first reading and even more so when you're feeling totally shattered.
It has a very commercial feel to the way it's been written.

I agree it would have been nice if you'd been asked first. That would
have been the courteous thing to do.

Glad you're feeling brighter now :))

--
Charani (UK)
OPC for Walton, Greinton and Clutton, SOM

This thread: