Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-03 > 1269539511

From: Jim Loudon <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Lineage Society solicitation
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:54:09 -0400

Thanks for the additional information, Mary. IMO, the message crosses the
line and is inappropriate. The guideline I use is based on the US public
broadcasting rule: no call to action, no solicitation. I would not have
had a problem if the message in question had confined itself to mentioning
the goals and activities of the organization, basically he second
paragraph (I accept that others may disagree with me on this point). The
rest of the message is clearly a call to action.

OTOH, this isn't nearly as bad as some of the other stuff we've seen and
given the activity level of the list, probably shouldn't occupy too much
of your time. "Don't sweat the small stuff," as the saying goes.

jim

This thread: