Listowners-L Archives

Archiver > Listowners > 2010-06 > 1277404478

From: "Mary D. Taffet" <>
Subject: Re: [LO] Cost of being a listowner
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:34:38 -0400

Jeanne,

I think you have been misinformed! As far as I know, there is no charge
whatsoever associated with either subscribing to or adminning a Rootsweb
mailing list.

The amount you were charged is most likely associated with a
MyFamily.com site, which has no connection whatsover to the mailing lists.

Here's the URL to check which lists you admin and which you subscribe to:

https://myaccount.rootsweb.com/

-- Mary

On 6/24/2010 2:22 PM, Jeanne Surber wrote:
> I just had a $29.95 charge show up on my credit card billing for the month referencing Ancestry.com . I phoned the reference number and was told it is for a Rootsweb list that has been so quiet I had almost forgotten about it. Well, that's okay. I want to stay with that list and will try to revive participation. I'm willing to pay for this one, this time.
>
> BUT when did Ancestry.com start charging list owners/administrators for their lists? I am down to only a few lists now so I'm probably out of date on this -- but is this something new? If so, I need to resign from list "ownership" as multiple charges of $29.95 for each of several lists is something I can't afford.
>
> Would someone please tell me (again) the URL to check to see how many lists I'm actually signed up for? I think I have at least two others, both fairly slow, and I can't afford any more surprises right now.
>
> Jeanne Surber

This thread: