MA-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > MA-CEMETERIES > 2007-08 > 1187033694

From: charles <>
Subject: Re: [MA-CEMETERIES] Losing Your Gravesite
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

I made the statement about the undertaker entering the wrong burial locations and I want to clarify my statement:

I read it in "A Researcher's Guide to Boston," by Ann Lainhart.
The undertaker who made mistakes, confusing Cambridge and Charlestown was Patrick Denver--sorry Patrick.

It's also stated in the book that Marie Daly is preparing a database of those buried in Charlestown and it will be on the NEHGS website. The database has about 2,000 names and it may be completed and on the NEHGS website now.

I'm not a member so I don't know,

This may help someone with Boston-Irish ancestry.

Charles
charles <> wrote: I have 2 separate McCarthy branches--both females and one is with husband at Rindge Ave and the other is with husband at St. Paul's Arlington. My 3rd g-grandmother was a McCarthy by marriage and born ca 1805 and I have her parents names and husband's.

A note--don't as me where I read it, but it was reliable--

The Irish undertaker who had a lot of business mixed up the burial sites, stating that someone was buried in Cambridge when in fact they were buried at Charlestown and vice versa. So if they can't be found in Cambridge look at Charlestown.

Charles

Ann W wrote: Jim,
Thanks for your offer!! My ggrandparents are buried in this cemetery
"SOMEWHERE"!

I'm looking for Ellen McCarty/McCarthy, and husband Jeremiah.

Ellen died first, in June of 1868. Her death info just said "buried in
Cambridge". Since they were Roman Catholic, the Rindge St. Cemetery seems
the most likely.

I can't pinpoint Jeremiah after 1870.

Have you any information on any McCarty/McCarthy plots in this cemetery?

Thanks again,
Ann