MAFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > MAFRANKL > 2007-10 > 1191254674

From: "" <>
Subject: [MAFRANKL] Looking For Information on The Jaazaniah Howe Family
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:04:34 -0000

Author: vhowe146
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.massachusetts.counties.franklin/2173/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I believe that Jaazaniah (2nd?) m Anna Lyon in 1760 at Grafton, MA. Shortly after, they settled in Deerfield (later Conway); their four children were all born in Deerfield - Jaazaniah 3rd (1762), Abraham (1764), Hezekiah (1765), and Calvin (1768). After that, the family seemingly scattered. In 1775, perhaps at Cambridge, Jaazaniah (2nd) joined the 21st Continental Regiment under the command of Col. Jonathan Ward; he later he wound up in the Connecticut 5th Regiment. In 1780, he was declared an invalid and re-settled in Goshen, Litchfield County, CT; on July 22nd 1783, he was remarried to a Mary (Frisbie) in Goshen. Jaazaniah (3rd) joined the 5th Hampshire Co. at Conway commanded by Lt. Col David Wells in August of 1780. Hezekiah joined the 7th Mass Regiment (Lt Col Brooks) in Grafton in 1781. I know that Calvin moved to Alstead, NH. I cannot find any record of what happened to Jaazaniah's first wife, Anna (Lyon) or his son, Abraham. Any help with that information !
would be most appreciated.

Important Note: