MAMIDDLE-L ArchivesArchiver > MAMIDDLE > 2006-10 > 1160585734
Subject: [MAMiddle] Goddard families - Bond's Watertown - Vol 1. Part 13. of13. p.256 & Notes.
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:55:34 EDT
Source: Source: Genealogies of the Families and Descendants
of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Includes Waltham
and Weston - by Henry Bond, M.D. Boston, 1860.
Part 13 of 13 Parts.
Ebenezer Goddard, a farmer, of Framingham and Athol, m. 1736, Sibil Brigham,
b. Oct. 15, 1718, dau. of Samuel Brigham, Esq. of Marlboro. He died Nov. 18,
1762 and his widow, Sibil died Sept 27, 1807. Children:
1. Abigail Goddard b. Sept 11, 1737; m. ____ White of Spencer (or
Charlton); died Aug 11, 1759.
2. Martha Goddard b. Mar 18, 1738-9; m. Benoni Hemmenway of Athol; died Oct
15, 1771, leaveing 3
3. Sibil Goddard b. Jan 14, 1740-1; m. July 3, 1765, Joseph Woodward of
Orange, Mass.; left children.
4. Susannah Goddard b. Sept 15, 1742; m. Apr. 1761, Phinehas Howe of Hop.
5. Mary Goddard b. Aug 3, 1744; m. Dec 3, 1768, Rufus Taylor of Orange. She
died June 1, 1773, leaving
children. He m. (2) Susannah Goddard of Leicester.
6. Sophia Goddard b. Oct 3, 1746; m. May 14, 1764, Abner Morton of Orange,
New York. had children.
7. Betty Goddard b. Jan 26, 1748; m. Nehemiah Howe, of Hop.
8. Esther Goddard b. June 16, 1751; m. Aug 23, 1773, Samuel Morton of
Orange. She died Mar. 10,
1778 leaving two children.
9. Ebenezer Goddard b. Aug 9, 1753; a farmer of Athol and of New York State;
m. July 6, 1775 Hannah
1. Mary Goddard b. Nov 8, 1777.
2. Benjamin Goddard b. July 7, 1779.
3. Jotham Goddard b. Mar 15, 1781. He died Mar 30, 1815.
10. Benjamin Goddard b. Sept 2, 1755 at Athol; died Nov 5, 1771.
11. Edward Goddard b. Apr. 16, 1759; a farmer and cooper of Athol & New York
State; m. Nov 11, 1784,
Anna Death. He was six years in the Revolutionary army. Had children.
12. Samuel Goddard (twin) b. Apr. 16, 1759, a farmer and saddler of Hop.; m.
April 16, 1792 Keziah
Pond of Franklin, b. Sept 10, 1755. He served six years in the
13. Abigail Goddard b. May 16, 1761; m. John Tidd, a farmer of Hopkinton;
moved to New York State. Had
William Goddard was Selectman 1668, 1669. July 8, 1674, William "Godheard"
of Watertown, gentleman,
and wife, Elizabeth, sold to Richard Child, yeoman, about 50 acres in Little
Plain; bounded south by
Charles River; north by cartway; east by John Grout; west by W. G.; Wit.
Solomon Phipps, James Trow-
bridge. Admin. on estate of William Goddard was granted Nov. 3, 1691 to
widow, Elizabeth and son Robert.
Inventory, by Henry Spring and Nathan Fiske, £70. 5s.
Jan. 12, 1709-10, Robert Goddard of Watertown, weaver, for £230 bought of
Nathaniel Hobart and wife Mary
of Hingham 34 acres, which land Hobart bought Feb. 6. 1707-8 of David
Stowell (called 35 acres) bought
of Stowell of Hobart; bounded east by Josiah Treadway and Caleb Church;
south by road; west by Samuel
Eddy, Elizabeth Woodward, Caleb Church and Benjamin Wellington; north by
B.W. and S.E.
Joseph Goddard of Brookline was probably the father of Sarah Goddard who m.
at Rox. Oct 20, 1715, Andrew
Joseph Goddard and Mary Bugbee married at Rox. May 29, 1716.
Mr. John Stone and Mrs. Mary Goddard both of Rox., m. Oct 23, 1729. Was this
a dau. of Joseph Goddard,
Sr. or widow of Joseph Goddard, Jr.? (author)
Robert Goddard b. in Rox. Oct 4, 1698. John Goddard b. Oct 4, 1699. Deborah
Goddard b. at Rox. June 19,
1693. (N.B. births, etc., in what is now Brookline, at that period, were
recorded in Roxbury. Where do
they belong, or what are the affinities of the persons in the following
John Goddard son of John & Sarah, born at Rox., Beb 14, 1714-15.
Elizabeth Goddard, dau. of John & Sarah b. Feb 17, 1716-17.
Mr. John Reed & Mrs. Hannah Goddard m. at Rox. Nov 23 or 24th, 1751.
(p.239) James Goddard, a tailor, of Brookline, m. at Rox. Nov 27, 1713, Mary
Woodward. The birth of his
dau. Sarah Goddard recorded at Roxbury.
Robert Goddard besides son Elisha, had the following children born, or
births recorded at Roxbury:
2. Mehitabel Goddard b. Mar 8, 1721.
3. Mary Goddard b. Mar 1, 1725 (?) m. at Roxbury, Sept 17, 1747, James
Buckman of Malden.
4. Robert Goddard b. oct 29, 1727.
(p.242) Charles Goddard m. (2) Elizabeth Goddard. Other children: 2.
Caroline Goddard. 3. Mary Louisa
Elizabeth Goddard m. Charles Goddard.
(p.243) Nathaniel Goddard, Esq. died at Boston, Aug 6, 1853 aged 86. (see
Geneal. Reg. VII., p. 375).
George Augustus Goddard m. Cornelia, dau. of Thomas Amory of Milton.
Mary Storer Goddard m. Henry Weld Fuller, Jr., Esq., of Boston, who grad.
Bowdoin Coll. 1728; son of
Henry Weld Fuller, Esq., of Augusta, Maine, grad. of Dartmouth Coll. 1801.
Georgiana Goddard m. John A. Blanchard.
Frederica W. Goddard m. William S. the son of Rev. Dr. E_____ of Boston.
William Warren Goddard m. Harriet Irving.
(p.246) James Goddard died June 4, 1845 - his son James Goddard died Mar 24,
Thomas Austin Goddard, merchant, of Boston, m. Mary, dau. of Richard
Frothingham, Esq. His sisters,
Rebecca and Matilda - unmarried.
John Goddard of Cambridge, killed on a railroad, Feb 4, 1853, aged 70.
Children of Mary (Goddard) Kent: 1. John Kent. 2. Mary Kent. 3. Harriet
Kent. 4. Elizabeth Kent. 5. Thomas Scott Kent. 6. Samuel Davis Kent.
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth
God Bless America.